miércoles, febrero 18, 2009

No Valentine for Valentina

Publicado por V. en 1:04 p. m.
So, it's the eighteenth of February and I've just realized that I've spent another Valentine's Day all alone. Well, not alone-alone, that day K and I had a little private party at my place, celebrating the joy of being single cuz, as many may well know, being single can be a LOT of fun. But then my friend raised the question: "Val, why are you alone? You're nice and funny, smart and a really good dancer...so, how come don't you have a boyfriend?"
This is not the first time I've been asked this question, but apparently there's some man-repelent sign that I'm spreading all around. Am I way too confident and just scare them away? Am I just so scarily ugly that they can't even look at my face? Most people would answer to that question with an emphatic "no", which makes me feel even more worried that if that were the case. I guess I'm just not a relationship kind of a person, I always say.
But if I really go deeper into the problem, I could easily blame the lame image of a father I have, mostly absent and totally irresponsible throughout my life. So if you supposedly look for guys that somehow remind you of your father (as Freud once suggested) why would I ever want a guy I feel I could never trust on? However I don't wanna use this excuse as I want to feel I'm in control of my own life and not that it's pre-determined by somebody else's former actions.
And then there's a second reason: I always like the men I can't get, and I get the men I don't like. Sucks? Totally! But even if there's no Valentine for me today, I'm still confident my blue prince is somewhere impatiently waiting for me and when that happens, I'm not gonna let him go!

1 comentarios:

Hernán Koala on 4:09 a. m. dijo...

Te nombré en mi blog! Revísalo: fathermocker.org

 

The Marvellous Adventures Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos